Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Welcome Pan-kun

So here is the new little bugger. Don't worry, this round plastic thing is not the tub he is living in, it's just for moving him, carrying him, when I need to clean his "tank" etc.
He's going to see the vet in the morning. I am mostly curious to find out if he is underweight at all and how much to feed him and if there is anything special she recommends for getting his shell back on track as it is really deformed. (You can see the severe curve in the previous picture)
He really will eat anything and everything and begs and begs while I am sitting on the toilet. It's hard to avoid looking at him in that cramped space.

Ichigo had a nice big poo last night so I am confident she is doing better. We will be able to raise the water level in her tub tomorrow finally so she will be able to swim. I think this weekend I'll ask Dave if we can work on both of the turtle's basking areas to improve and add more swimming area to both habitats.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Daveen said...

Hi, how big is Pan-kun? Let us know what the vet says about the shell.