Friday, July 18, 2008

We are regulars at the vet....

Sorry I haven't posted in a week. The dog I am dog sitting got Giardia and we had to get everyone in the house to the vet for check-ups and dewormer just in case they contracted it from her. Everyone at the vet's office kept laughing because they have seen me WAY too may times in the past few months with numerous different individuals. The tally including the dog that is staying with us - 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 turtles.

Dave was nice enough to humor me and make Ichigo an elaborate, temporary basking dock but after a few days it was obvious that it freaked her out too much and that she was never ever going to use it so we went back to our old set up with rocks. I realize wood is not water tight but we were going to use a sealer if it looked like she liked it.Oh well. We took it out, cleaned and dried it and put a cat bed on it to see if one of the cats would use it but no takers. Dave is kind of bummed that no one likes it.

Pan-kun is hilarious as always. I wish we could give him a larger tank but he is just going to have to be okay with his tub for now, until we move. Luckily it is warm enough right now for him to go without a heater because it would really take up too much room in there.
I finally found a commercial turtle food that Ichigo will eat. It's called "Turtle Yummies". It's basically the same thing as the turtle pudding I have been making but it comes in small servings that you don't have to refrigerate till you open a packet. It doesn't provide as much leafy greens as the homemade kind but I am relieved to find this so that I don't have to make it ALL the time.
Here is a picture of the Yummies vs. the Homemade food.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: