Monday, July 7, 2008

Uh oh, I found a turtle on the sidewalk.

While out walking Coleman this morning, I saw something along the sidewalk in some weeds moving. I thought it would be a baby bird but it turned out to be another Red Ear Slider turtle. Crazy. It was by a community garden so I walked over to the man on the other side of the fence and asked if the turtle lived in their pond and he said no. So I picked him up and brought him home. I got him a temporary plastic tub and I fed him and got him settled in. He is very "friendly" and will even let me hand feed him so I assume his former owners dumped him at the garden and he got out, looking for some food. He has a voracious appetite.
When Dave gets home from work, we'll figure out what to do etc, although he has already expressed interest in keep him. Good thing we are moving to the country soon because our bathroom is getting VERY crowded.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: