Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"Turtle Club" photos

I sold vegan cookies and cupcakes at the NADA County Affair this past weekend. It was fun until a family coincidentally came through carrying two baby hatchling sliders that they had just bought in Chinatown that they actually didn't really want. (What is wrong with people!!) I was wracking my brain trying to figure out if I could handle fostering two more or where they could take them besides the city shelter which I was pretty sure would be too far away for it to be "convenient" enough for them. I called my friend who I thought might take them but there was no answer to the phone. They eventually disappeared and I am haunted by not knowing what will happen to the two cuties. I cried in the cab home and again when I got home. The awful thing is that my friend who I had tried to call would have taken them....... heartbreak.




Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Daveen said...

What a great home. You and your pets are are going to love it. I can't wait to see Ichis & Pans new homes, and more of yours. Daveen from Calif.