Thursday, July 31, 2008

More progress

Here is Ichigo in her tangle of plastic plants and chewed up lettuce. This week she has surprised me by eating pellets and cuttlebone, both of which float on the surface. She also has been consistently ripping up the lettuce that I have in a veggie clip although I'm not sure how much of it she actually ingests. She is shedding scutes and overall, is still making progress. She still isn't basking in the tub so I make sure she gets a good 45 minutes or so outside in the late morning so she fully dries out and gets her UV light. I keep saying I have to or I am "walking the turtles" which is pretty funny.

Right now my main concern with Pan-kun is that his small tank tends to heat up too much during the day so I am letting a bottle of cold water float in his tank during the afternoon to cool it down. Also, it looks like his shell is going to start to shed any second but I'm not sure if the little parts flaking off are from normal shedding or previous shell rot. I am putting Silver Sulfadine on the parts that look "off" just in case it is fungal.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: