Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Japan in May

Going to Japan for work is always really stressful for me. This time though I was lucky that friends Julian and Mercedes had an artist residency outside of Tokyo so I went to visit them on my day off. They were a part of Hayama Art Festival and had an installation inside someone's home (called Habitable) and gave little workshops during their stay.






We walked down to the beach and saw the sun set. I never get to be outside that much and relax when I am in Tokyo so it was a really nice break.
Another nice thing was that I got to see my half sister Maya who I haven't seen since she was in elementary school. She's all grown up now and works as a hospital nurse in the Intensive Care Unit. She is so cute and smart and mature. I hope she comes to visit me in the states sometime.

The pop up store which was one of the main reasons for this last trip turned out okay I guess but I got my artistic sense over ridden by the sales staff so it doesn't look the way it should. I really really hate that my name is used for the store because of these kinds of instances. When it looks shitty to me and I don't have control over it, it still looks like it was my decision. Sucks! Anyway, hopefully it will sell well during the next two weeks so that I can't complain too much.

So happy Jimmy lives with my mom. When I come home to her house and Jimmy is waiting it makes it so much easier. I can hardly remember what it was like before I found him in the elevator and brought him inside. He is spoiled rotten and he makes life at my mom's house nice and soft. He even sleeps with me on the couch most nights and hides under the covers with me.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

karius de parius said...

Hi HANNA!
Norbert [B.O.R.N.) is a friend of mine &
I LOVE your pix!
LOVE from FRANCE !D
KARIANNE [studio karius de parius]