Saturday, November 21, 2009

Yes, I like Star Trek


Only those who know me very very well know that I like Star Trek. Not just the original series or Next Generation but Deep Space Nine and Voyager as well. The only one I didn't watch was the newest Enterprise series mostly because I couldn't believe they would cast Scott Bakula as the Captain. Too sacrilegious for me. How can I believe in his new character when in my mind he is Sam Beckett all the way??? (Quantum Leap) Sort of a similar reason as to why I refuse to watch Memoirs of a Geisha - main actresses are not even Japanese! What the heck, I'm not stupid.
Anyway, I was too poor to watch the newest Star Trek movie in the theater so Dave and I have been waiting to see it on DVD and we were not disappointed. Normally I can find some flaw in the the story line that makes it unbelievable but I've watched it twice so far and I am still enjoying it.
I will spare you the rest of my nerdy analysis but I will just put this out there. This is the first movie in a long time that I wish I owned the DVD of...... Maybe for Christmas someone?
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: